David Nicol Williams, Esquire
- Williams College, B.A. 1957 (History)
- Columbia University School of Law, L.L.B. 1960
- New York University L.L.M – Taxation 1966
Bar and Court Admissions
- Delaware 1960 (State & Federal)
- District of Columbia 1962
- U.S. Supreme Court 1965
- U.S. Tax Court 1966
- U.S. Court of Claims 1966
David N. Williams is President and Director of the firm. He has been practicing law for fifty (50) years.
He served as special counsel on Tax Litigation for the State of Delaware, was a member of the Delaware State Board of Accountancy, was an attorney for the Governor’s Revenue Study Committee and became Vice Chairman. He served as Chairman of the Committee on Taxation and is currently a member of the Sections on Taxation and Estates and Trusts.
He is past President of the Delaware Estate Planning Council and the Wilmington Tax Group. He has presented seminars for the National Law Foundation and has been a guest lecturer at the Widener University School of Law on Estates and Trusts.
His practice focuses primarily on taxation, estate planning, estate administration, business transactions, real estate and corporate law.
David N. Williams was the first lawyer in Delaware with a Master’s Degree in Taxation.
He was selected by Delaware Today in 2010 as a “5-Star Wealth Manager” in the Delaware Area. Put his experience to work.
David N. Williams, Esq. serves as pro bono legal counsel to the Delaware Breast Cancer Coalition and won its President’s Award in 2007.
John Legaré Williams, Esquire
- Avvo “Badge” for 10.0/10.0 superb rating on AVVO.com lawyer rating service and directory.
- Recognized by Philadelphia Magazine as a “5-Star Wealth Manager” in Estate and Business Planning, 2010 – 2015.
- “40 under 40” Leaders and Innovators – Delaware Business Times, 2015.
- Williams College, B.A. (Political Economy), 1998
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2001
Summer Clerkships and Externship
- Vice Chancellor Jack B. Jacobs, Delaware Court of Chancery, Summer 1999
- Justice Joseph T. Walsh, Delaware Supreme Court, Summer 2000
- Field Placement Extern, Patent Law Division, General IP Counsel, The Coca-Cola Company, 2001
Bar and Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania, 2002
- New Jersey, 2002 (State & Federal Southern District)
- Delaware, 2003 (State & Federal)
- Massachusetts, 2003
- New York, 2004
- 3rd Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
John L. Williams is President of the Williams Law Firm, P.A. John adds vigor and continuity to the Williams Law Firm, which was founded by his father, David N. Williams, in 1974. John proudly continues his father’s legacy by being a trusted advocate for his clients and a respected attorney by his peers and colleagues. John is actively involved in the Wilmington, Delaware community by helping lead local organizations, such as the YMCA, Kalmar Nyckel Foundation, Wilmington Rowing Center, University of Delaware Men’s Crew, and Society of Colonial Wars.
John is an accomplished entrepreneur who is passionate about helping people, especially other entrepreneurs. John can empathize with their experience, as a result of his own personal experience. John co-founded a driveway seal coating business. In his company’s third year, John went through his first business divorce. John then started his second business, Black Diamond Seal Coating, which he operated for 3 more summers during college and prior to law school. He understands the challenges faced by business owners, and enjoys helping their businesses grow and succeed.
John has 15 years of experience advising small and large business owners regarding business planning and business disputes. He serves a “general counsel” function by giving C-level executives practical legal guidance on business transactions. In addition, John advocates for and represents LLC members and corporation stockholders in business negotiations, annual meetings, breach of contract actions, books and records actions, and business litigation associated with breaches of fiduciary duties.
John’s experience in the courtroom provides perspective to him when drafting and negotiating contracts. John has helped form thousands of Delaware LLCs, and John continues to educate clients and other professionals nationwide on Delaware Series LLC.
- Trust and estate planning, administration, and litigation,
- Delaware business law:
- Delaware incorporation and LLC formation,
- Business succession planning,
- Contract drafting and negotiation,
- Corporate governance,
- General Counsel,
- Business partner separation disputes,
- Delaware LLC opinion letters for United States real estate transactions, and
- Business litigation regarding valuation, mismanagement, and obtaining records;
- Nationally recognized on Delaware Series LLC law; and
- Corporate bankruptcy adversary proceedings, defending voidable preference claims.
- Representative Cases/Clients
- Favorable post-trial settlement after a 4-day trial in the Court of Chancery. This case analyzed Delaware corporate law on issues such as breaches of fiduciary duty and business valuation.
- Medical device company,
- Newspaper publisher,
- Large equipment manufacturer,
- Mining equipment repair company,
- Former professional athlete,
- Famous musicians,
- Food processing company,
- Scientific instrument company,
- Medical Doctors,
- Certified Professional Accountants,
- Mobile App businesses,
- Film Producers,
- Entrepreneurs, and
- Presented National Hot Topics call for the American Bar Association (“ABA”) on the Delaware Series LLC.
- Presented Fundamentals 2.0 call for the ABA’s Real Property, Trust and Estates Group (“RPTE”), March 23, 2016.
- Authored Rural Metro: Gulping Advisors and Practitioner Guidance article in the ABA’s Business Law Today periodical, January 2016.
- Presented National CLE webinar for National Business Institute (“NBI”) on Delaware LLC Agreements: Planning and Drafting Approaches: Evaluating and Leveraging the Contractual Flexibility Afforded by the Delaware LLC Act.
- Presented National CLE webinar for NBI on Series LLCs: Drafting Operating Agreements.
- Quoted in February 2, 2016 article titled "Zuckerbergs chose Delaware-based LLC for Chan Zuckerberg Initiative" by the Delaware Business Times.
- IncNow Blog.
- Drafted Series LLC and Delaware LLC Agreements for publication in the Limited Liability Company Handbook 2008-2009, 2011-2012, 2015-2016.
- Expert in New York case involving a Delaware Series LLC.
- Expert witness for Office of Public Advocacy of Alaska in litigation involving a Delaware Series LLC, which owned 40 parcels of real estate (Genesis Properties LLC vs. McDowell).
- Presented twice to the Delaware Real Estate Investor’s Association (DelREIA) on the use of LLCs and Series LLC in real estate transactions.
- Panelist on CLE seminar presented at the ABA’s RPTE Group Symposia on Drafting LLC Agreements in Real Estate Transactions.
- Presented “Intellectual Property and Choice of Entity” seminar, organized by the Small Business Administration (Delaware).
- Presented seminar on avoiding common legal mistakes for theUniversity of Delaware Horn Program in Entrepreneurship – New Venture Development Center.
- Presented an in-house continuing professional education seminar to Gunnip & Company LLP (Certified Public Accounting firm) on LLC law in Delaware.
- Lectured for eight National Business Institute seminars on continuing education for attorneys regarding special uses of Delaware LLCs and the Series LLC.
- Lectured at Sterling Education Seminar on Estate Planning - Advanced Trust Topics and Elder Law.
- Lectured at the Delaware Trust Conference, sponsored by Delaware Bankers Association.
- Lectured to Advisors on choice of entity for the Small Business Development Center.
- Guest lectured for senior seminar on small business at the University of Delaware.
- Interviewed regarding international foreign money judgment recognition by Delaware Law Weekly.
- Quoted in June 9, 2008 article on “State-Federal Tussle on Beneficial Owners” by Compliance Weekly.
- Interviewed by Swiss National Public Television (regarding Delaware corporate and LLC law's international advantages) for an entrepreneurial program broadcast throughout German-speaking Europe.
- Interviewed by NBC Miami through NBC Philadelphia's studios and rebroadcast later on NBC's Today Show and Dateline NBC.
- Interviewed by China Business News and Xinhua News Agency (Official China News).
- President of Agents and Corporations, Inc., a Delaware incorporation and registered agent service that serves 16,000 Delaware LLCs and Delaware corporations under management, including Pinterest, Inc.
- ABA Advisor to National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (ULC) on the Series of Unincorporated Business Entities Act Drafting Committee (Uniform Series LLC Act).
- Chair of American Bar Association's Committee on Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies in the Special Investors and Investment Structure Group of the Real Property, Trusts and Estates Section.
- Barrister Member of Richard S. Rodney Inn of Court.
- Chairman, Kalmar Nyckel Foundation.
- President, Wilmington Rowing Center.
- Appointed by Governors Minner and Markell to the Delaware Natural Areas Advisory Council. Previous chairman. Previously served on Delaware State Parks Council.
- Assistant Coach, University of Delaware Men’s Club Crew (See News Journal article “The Oars of Justice” from November 11, 2003).
- President, One Commerce Center Condo Council, which manages an 11-story commercial office building.
- Founder, Christina Navy Ltd., an entity that promotes boating safety.
- Membership Chair, Society of Colonial Wars, Delaware Chapter, including duties as state genealogist and state registrar.
- Director, Downtown YMCA (Wilmington, DE).
- Director, Christina Conservancy.
- Co-Vice Chair, 18th Representative District Committee of Delaware.
- Former Director, Wilmington Youth Rowing Association.
- Council Member, Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation
Brian C. Crawford, Esquire
- Lehigh University, 2001 (Finance)
- Loyola University School of Law, 2005
Bar and Court Admissions
- Delaware 2007 (State & Federal)
- New Jersey 2007
- 3rd Circuit Federal Court of Appeals
Brian Crawford’s practice focuses on commercial transactions and commercial litigation in Delaware. Brian helps businesses resolve commercial disputes and has experience representing clients in matters including:
- Contract litigation
- Reviewing documents for commercial lending
- Negotiating commercial leases
- Negotiating franchise licenses
- Regulatory compliance
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts
- Litigating business owner disputes
- Litigating landowner disputes
- Sherrif's office executions and judgment collections
- Corporate and LLC books and records actions
- Employee disputes such as sexual harassment and discrimination complaints
- Negotiating business asset sales agreements
Brian has represented creditors in filing proofs of claims and defending preference actions in Bankruptcy Court. He also assists with the firm’s estate planning practice and corporations services with respect to entity formation and governance.
Brian is experienced in drafting pleadings, motions, briefing and memoranda and has appeared before the Court of Chancery, Superior Court, Court of Common Pleas and Justice of the Peace Courts in Delaware as well as the Federal District and Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware. Brian also acts as general counsel for A C W Corporation and related entities which own and operate twenty (20) Arby’s Restaurant Franchises throughout Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia. Brian advises A C W Corporation with respect franchise matters, compliance and regulatory issues as well as business governance and labor/employment issues.
Summer clerk in Pennsylvania District Attorney’s office, 1999
Volunteer at Office of Child Advocacy, Guardian Ad Litem, 2007
General Counsel to ACW Corporation, Operator of 20 Arby’s Restaurants